THE PURPOSE OF A SKATEBOARD WHEELS
- Impact your ride, such as speed.
- Affect the way you feel your board, and your ability to control its movements.
- Made from a hard composite material called polyurethane (PU).
- Provide durability and abrasion resistance.
- Inexpensive pricing.
TWO MAIN AREA FOR CHOOSING A SKATEBOARD WHEELS
- The diameter, or size, of the wheels.
(measured in millimetres (mm) )
- Affects your board’s top speed, acceleration and ability to turn.
- Typically range in size from 49-75mm.
Good for bigger / heavier riders.
Give you a faster ride.
Difficult to make sharp turns on.
Best suited towards speed.
Offer a smoother ride.
Typically used on cruisers and longboards.
Sit lower to the ground
More effective for street skating maneuvers.
(such as powerslides and blunts)
Best suited to park skating.
- The measurement of the wheel's hardness.
The higher the number, the harder the wheel.
Have more pop for jumps, grinds, and tricks. (95A+)
Idea for skating vert.
The lower the number, the softer the wheels.
Soft wheels (75A-85A) absorb the impact of pebbles, sticks, and cracks for better cruising on roads.