SNOWBOARD Riding Style & Different Terrain
There are specialized snowboards for specific terrain, conditions and applications, the followings descriptions will give you a good sense of the major board categories .
- The BEST beginner snowboards because they are very versatile.
- Designed to ride well in all snow condition and terrain.
- They want to ride groomers all day, powder, park runs and almost anything in between.
- GREAT for terrain parks and street boarders.
- The boards are shorter, lighter and more flexibility.
- Combines the versatility of an all mountain snowboard with the playfulness of a freestyle snowboard.
- GREAT for rider who want to go fast.
- Designed to ride well on top of the groomers and in varied terrain.
- Mostly used in the backcountry, riding steeps, or slashing the powder.
- EXCELLENT for rider who love powder.
- The boards are wider nose and tapered narrower tail with generous rocker.
- Often set back to help the rider float the tip through the pow.
- Specific build for backcountry rider, with special bindings as required.
- Designed to break down into two separate halves for touring and uphill travel (with climbing skin).