SOCCER Ball Size
Soccer balls come in five sizes, and the size best suited for you usually depends on your age. But they can also differ from league to league, so it’s best to check with a coach or organization to find out which is the proper size for the age group that the ball will be used with.
- Size 1 soccer balls, also known as mini or skills balls, are used to improve footwork or just for fun.
- Size 2 soccer balls are sometimes used during matches for children under the age of 4, and can also be used for ball control drills.
- Size 3 soccer balls are the smallest official ball and used during matches for children under the age of 8.
- Size 4 soccer balls are used during matches for children between the ages of 8-12.
- Size 5 soccer balls are the largest official ball and standard for all players above the age of 13.