WAKEBOARD Base Shapes & Materials
- Special dents on the bottom of the wakeboard.
- Create lift and act as suction-reducing accelerators.
- The board will sit higher in the water.
- Cruise like a hovercraft.
- Act like long, extruded fins on the bottom of the board.
- Break surface tension before the rest of the wakeboard hits.
- Soft landings.
- Easy roll from edge to edge.
- Often added to wakeboard with 3-stage rockers to soften landings.
- Wakeboards without any molded-in fins or channels are considered featureless.
- Using the wakeboard on sliders that may impact the base.
- Developed in response to the increasing popularity of rail riding.
- Tough base with exceptional durability to withstand the wear and tear from sliding over PVC, metal or docks.