WAKEBOARD Rocker Type
- Refers to the curve of the wakeboard from end to end
- More rocker have softer landings & more abrupt pop off the wake
- Less rocker have less drag
Rocker of the board can affect:
- The speed of the board
- The way it will come off the wake
- The way if will land
WAKEBOARD ROCKER TYPE
1. Continuous Rocker (smooth, continuous arch)
- GREAT for aggressive rider
- Has one smooth fluid, curved shape.
- Provide fast, smooth rides
- Allow you to hook up turns more easily.
- Speed and a very predictable pop (height) when you hit the wake will shoot you farther out into the flats.
- Better for edging
2. 3-Stage Rocker (angled with a flat spot)
- Features three distinct planes on the bottom of the board
- Has more pop or rebound at the wake on take off
- Has the looser or slippery feel on the water surface.
- Usually rides slower
- Fins become less effective
- Flat spot makes the impact of landings intense & gives a slight sluggish feeling after landing.
3. Hybrid Rocker
- Extends from tip to tail through the middle of the board
- Combine characteristics of continuous and 3-stage rocker wakeboards
- More Predicable
- More Flexible
- Each brand and board offers a different combination